[Rhodes22-list] heater in the cabin

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Nov 19 08:48:19 EST 2010

Chris,

While the unit is protected again spills, it does get very hot!  I am not
sure that you can locate it in a safe place while sailing.  If you wanted to
use it to heat the cabin when not sailing, be careful to provide enough
ventilation to remove byproducts of combustion such as CO and CO2.  At 5200
BTU, you should be able to leave the pop-top and the door open and still be
warm.

I found a manual for the heater at
http://www.swego.com/store/pc/catalog/heatmate%205200.pdf.

Rummy, do you have any experience burning alcohol?

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Chris Cowie"  Friday, November 19, 2010 8:46 AM