[Rhodes22-list] Plasteak Hatch Boards

Stephen Staum staum at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 25 10:43:36 EST 2010

When my wooden door started looking bad after 5 seasons in salt water,
I made a new one from smoked polycarbonate.  It looks like plexiglass
but is harder & more scratch resistant. It is maintenance free & much
lighter & easier to handle than the wood. I also fabricated the door
slots from marine starboard eliminating more wood & maintenance. I
believe total cost was no more than $130.

Low/no maintenance = more sailing/less fixing

Stephen Staum
87 R22, Carol Lee
Needham, Ma

Sent from my iPhone