[Rhodes22-list] Backstay replacement/upgrade

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Nov 30 09:38:27 EST 2010

Joe,

No experience and less knowledge.

My first thought would be that there's no reason to go with a larger
cable or Stan would have done it already.  Nine stays and few reports of
breakage support that reasoning.

Larger cables would give the rigging a stronger and beefier look;
wouldn't cost that much more relative to boat money; and shouldn't add a
significant amount of weight aloft.

If I were to do it I think I'd change them all out, not just the
backstays.  It would look better.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE