[Rhodes22-list] New addition to the family: Nautisaurus

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 5 10:45:01 EDT 2010

Ron and Lisa,

Neat, and welcome to this motley crew.  You will find this really is a crew because if you have any burps or bumps everyone will very willingly make their contribution to find the solution.  You are in a perfect area, lots of Rhoadies around, although most are planted at their own marinas, never again to be moved.  I won't say that it is simple to use the trailerability of this boat at setup and breakdown, but it is simpler than most of the same size, and not really difficult.  It would be fun to assemble the fleet at some point, it has happened, because everyone in the fleet would have their stories to tell.  You ought to try to make lunch at the Friday show and meet Mary Lou, Fred, and Lee, among others that will probably be there.  You may even get pressed into voluntary service with the Spitzers in the show itself.  Do you sing?  Do you dance? On that note, I am sure I join others in wishing GB the ultimate success in selling many boats at the Annapolis show.  I and others have worked the booth or the water demos, Cowie may have his personal boat at the waterfront this year. I did this in '07 with hospitality hot dogs, and found out from a new skipper many months later that this tipped the scale for his decision!

We will look forward to pictures and your location on the Potomac in a future post.  I locate at Lake Hartwell, which is where our famous Rummy keeps his yellow hulled Rhodes and sips Mt and Diet Coke; also sail on Boca Ciega Bay (St Pete) when winter weather arrives.  The lake is fine when the COE allows the lake to stay near full, and with an adjacent shop gives me a perfect site for the boat canvas work I enjoy.  My Mary Jane is also an '86, a primo year from what I have heard.  I have been very pleased, as I'm sure you will.  Are you a project guy?  A few of our skippers enjoy working on their boat.

I look forward to bumping into you, not in the water.  Be sure to let fly with any questions, everyone is ready to speak up!

R,

Art