[Rhodes22-list] hull problems?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 08:38:34 EDT 2010

Joe,
The rusty metal pieces in the bilge are nothing to worry about. Probably
something left over from who knows when and migrated to where you found them
over several years use. The cracks appear to be scratches in the gel coat
that  were probably covered up with bottom paint. It doesn't appear to be
anything structural, more cosmetic than anything. How you decide to deal with
it  is your choice, but if it were my boat I would sand them smooth and
cover with  bottom paint. I would give those areas an extra primer coat before
covering the  entire bottom. Others will have a different way to deal with it.

Rummy

In a message dated 10/12/2010 8:10:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,