[Rhodes22-list] hull problems?

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 09:43:06 EDT 2010

Hi Jim,
Your comments raise an interesting question.  I don't really think I
need an anti-fouling coating since the longest time we spend in salt
water (or fresh for that matter) is one week at a time.  But the boat
came with bottom paint and I asked Stan what he used and he replied
Pettit Trinidad.
I would gladly use plain epoxy paint but it probably means a big job of
stripping down every last *&^% bit of the existing bottom paint.
I did try emailing Pettit one time to ask them about their newer
"greener" coatings that might be appropriate for trailering but never
got a response.  Some companies are better at responding than others.
Joe