[Rhodes22-list] Loose centerboard

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Oct 21 07:25:16 EDT 2010

That's not your garden variety of hose. It's a very stiff PVC hose if I
remember correctly.

Rummy

In a message dated 10/20/2010 9:04:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mweisner at ebsmed.com writes:

Hi  Bill,

The hose was 5/8" diameter, about 2-1/2" to 3" in length, I  think.  They
just fit above the pin, on either side of the board,  below the gasket and
cap.  They were pretty flat (squished) so they  fit well.  I was always
amazed at how such a simple device could  provide and elegant solution
while
being soft enough that if some serious  forces were applied, it wouldn't
damage the fiberglass. As I recall, it  appeared to be made from cutoff
pieces of the hose used for the  centerboard pennant.  Stan always was
frugal.

Mike
s/v  Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY