[Rhodes22-list] Pictures and details

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Oct 25 19:15:27 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

It may be interesting to note that this is a problem that was addressed by
Stan in the original design of the centerboard.  Probably before yours was
modified by a previous owner, the lift points on the centerboard were not
fancy blocks but rather fixed stainless tubes between pieces of medium duty
stainless plates that were attached to the board (through bolted pairs of
plates.)  The plates were probably Dwyer DH 72-5 Shroud Tangs (5" x 1" x
5/64").  Nothing rolled but the line slid on the fixed tubes well.  Due to
the duty cycle, abrasion was not an issue.  I never worry about the block
being off-center and hitting the cap or jamming since it is fixed.

I wish I had a photo.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY