[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Upwind

Stephen Staum staum at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 26 09:41:11 EDT 2010

Dear All,

When Doyle Sails made my new 175 (FYI: they said my original measured
184 & copied it) they added a "luff pad" at the front of the sail.
This dramatically improved sail shape when furled. I too agonized over
keeping the huge genny as my wife does not like to heel & I reef a lot
once over 10 knots of wind. But on those light wind hot summer days I
am glad I stayed with it especially given the improved reefing/pointing.

Stephen Staum
87 R22, Carol Lee
Needham, MA

Sent from my iPhone