[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard hauling line

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 15:16:25 EDT 2010

Mary Lou
My centerboard line broke after only a year. I didn't see the threading
diagram until after id did it, and I believe I didn't do it correctly. I
have the older style and need to fix it quickly. My cap seems to be water
tight so I prefer to not take it off for the repair. After seeing this
thread I am leaning towards hauling the boat and drilling a hole for a
direct haul.

Just so I am 100% sure, you drilled a hole in your CB aft near the bottom
and threaded a line up through the tube to the cockpit?

Did you do this without taking off the cap?

Thanks for the help, maybe I will see you at the boat show Friday?

George,
Ours is direct pull. It works fine. It's not very heavy unless you
are really moving and there is a lot of side pressure. Even then it's
not a big deal.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD