[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard hauling line

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Sep 6 16:56:47 EDT 2010

Hi Greg,
How did your pennant attach to your centerboard?

We did not have to drill any holes. When ours ran through blocks it
attached to an existing hole in the CB, ran through the blocks and
then up through the tube to the cockpit. When we changed to direct
pull, we just eliminated the blocks so it now runs from the hole in
the centerboard up through the tube. We did it with the cap off but
we could have done it with the boat on slings. When we changed out
the pennant last year (with the boat in slings) we just dropped the
new line through the tube and tied it off to hole in the board.
However, ours is a "diamond board" so the configuration may be different.

Best,
Mary Lou
R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD