[Rhodes22-list] Water in bilge from line w/o check valve?

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 15:25:07 EDT 2010

I have gotten water in the bilge since I got the boat. I ruled out rain, and
always thought the CB cap was the problem. After Earl I think I found the
problem. I am at a mooring in the Upper Chesapeake and get a ton of rocking.
I don't have a check valve in my bilge and think that might be the cause.
The boat rocks and when the through hull goes underwater it sends it back to
the bilge. This taxes the battery and eventually kills it, then the bilge
fills with water and the lower it sits compounds the problem.
Does everyone have a check valve for the bilge?

-----
Greg PA
s/v SERENITY
79 Rhodes 22