[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Remote for Yamaha 9.9 -- Be sure to inspect

Wickman, William E WEWickman at spectraenergy.com
Tue Sep 7 10:48:21 EDT 2010

I still love my remote.  I think it was a case of installation/maintenance as opposed to design failure.  Wouldn't have been as big a problem had I not been in close quarters....but then that is when you are most likely using the shifter.

One other thing that I discovered when I disassembled the remote was that there was a lot of corrosion that looked like calcium carbonate in the handle part of the remote.  The unit is made of aluminum so it is structurally sound, but the area under the rubber throttle handle had quite a bit of corrosion and white calcium like deposits.  Clearly a result of exposure to salt water.

Bill W.
s/v Fina Lee