[Rhodes22-list] Anyone careened their Rhodes 22?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 19:27:26 EDT 2010

DO NOT BEACH YOUR R22...ever. Wave action will fill your centerboard cavity
 with mud or sand or rocks or whatever and I won't go near the topic of
what structural damage you might cause. Drop an anchor off shore and  back
your R22 in toward shore, raising your rudder and using the motor to steer.
You should be able to get close enough this way that you can step off your
ladder in knee deep water. I usually throw another anchor on shore to keep the
 stern close for easy boarding.

Rummy

In a message dated 9/14/2010 4:48:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,