[Rhodes22-list] Demasting

bdunn1 at aol.com bdunn1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 11:57:52 EDT 2010

Charles:
Alan Robertson, a Rhodes owner on Lake George, contacted me and suggested that Yankee Boating, where he "winters over", has an excellent repair and maintenance service.  They have picked up the boat a week ago in my absence.  I intend to see them within a few days.  They said the repair on the stay support that broke will be done be a local company with the expertise to gel coat, etc. at that level of complexity.  I will be using them for storing in the future relieving me from rigging the boat (or misrigging it as the case was).  I haven't been told what the repair will cost but it should be fair.  We are through sailing until next spring.
Thanks for you concern and advice.
Bill