[Rhodes22-list] Annapolis Boat Show plans

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 12:04:41 EDT 2010

Mary Lou,

Have you any indication of interest in doing a Rhoadie Event during this year's show?  I recall that we got together for a Friday lunch in '07, possibly not since. Saturday might be feasible, except for weekend crowds in Annapolis.  We have increased the R22 population so much in the DC/Bay area since then, there might be an interest in a get-together.  Even though Rummy might have a tough time getting to the show, we could put a picture at one place at the table, next to a bottle of rum (Ronrico, of course!)

I am well along on launching River Boat Mary Jane (R/B Mary Jane), complete with her new dress and an upcoming tiller-pilot.  After marginal summer sailing heat and winds, I think auto-motoring with the stubby mast and cockpit "porch" enclosure may be preferred for part of the year, especially if I use screens all around, like Bruce and Karyn have on LIS.  I thought about bringing it up to Annapolis, but will probably wait until Spring and keep her in the area for part of the year.  Allison will probably retire in April, giving us more time to enjoy your good life on the Chesapeake!  Wow!

If I make it up to the show I am planning to being some new 3D photo equipment and get some good picures at the show and in the Yard.  Some of our skippers might to see what I am using, maybe get some good shots of the boats.  I'm new with this 3D, so may be able to learn from the experience of others in the fleet.  I'll bet that Cowie has tinkered in this techie world.

We have continued to stay in touch with R22 alums Ron and Linda Singerman, now somewhat settled in their Seminole home, just blocks from our own abode.  I never realized how great his interest is in wood carving until I saw the extensive equipment that fills many rooms.  He is so well pleased with his IP 27, and has taken it on club cruises in the Gulf Keys.  He will fill your ears as you are curious.

A few months ago I didn't mean to 'bait' Caesar about getting into Florida in the Winter, the welcome mat is out.  Being pretender snow birds yourself, you and Fred have enjoyed coming down.  You ought to trail your boat down and consider keeping it in Florida part of the year, out of the winter vigors.

I hope that you and Fred had nice Summer outings this year.  I hope to lean on you all and get a good travelog of anchorages and ports-o-call for next Spring and beyond.  I look forward to introducing Allison to you all - you'll find she is much nicer than this Navy scoundrel, just ask Lee and he will agree.  He has lost three bets on the A-N game to date, so sad...

More later, and very best regards,

Art
R/B Mary Jane
Hartwell, Boca Ciega