[Rhodes22-list] Bowsprit

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Sat Apr 2 11:56:57 EDT 2011

Ben,

 I agree with Lynn moving the center of effort forward would contribute
significantly to Lee helm. Someone on da list mentioned a cutter arrangement
with the 2nd jib set up as a staysail. That might be a nice high wind option
using a small jib and keeping the center of effort nearer the center of
lateral resistance. you could also run wing on wing downwind with the main
furled.  This year I might add an attach point to use a whisker pole as a
2nd boom. I fooled around a little with that last year and haven't come to a
conclusion whether I like it or not.

John S

 PS Das boat is out of it's winter quarters now back to the sanding and
painting.
Hope to launch Apr. 16th if the ice is off the lake.