[Rhodes22-list] Keel weeping

lkgore lkgore at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 14:02:13 EDT 2011

Hi.
    In preparing my '78 Rhodes 22 for the season I noticed she's weeping
water about halfway up the narrow stern most part of the keel. Some
rainwater had gotten into the bilge a couple weeks ago (hatch left open) but
its been dry for a while. I figure if water's coming out it must be able to
get in.

    There's a bit of paint missing where the leak is and maybe a minor
abrasion. I'd just do small fiberglass patch but I don't want to seal water
in and its been weeping for several days that I know of.

    Any theories of advice? The bilge appears perfectly dry.

Thanks,
Keith