[Rhodes22-list] Keel weeping

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Thu Apr 7 19:47:59 EDT 2011

Keith,
 Are you located in a freezing climate? I had a weeping keel 5 years
ago,turns out water trapped in the bilge froze and cracked the fiberglass
over winter.(ohio) I drilled a hole at what I though was the bottom of
the crack to let the water out.I ended up making a hole,1"wide and 3"
high to git rid of all of the crack. I removed all the loose ballast
(sand,lead,cement),and dryed the hole out with a hair dryer on low. Then
I patched the hole from the bottom up,one third at a time,filling the
void as I went with resin and chunks of wheel weights.
I'm not saying this will fit your bill,but it worked for me.

Jerry Lowe