[Rhodes22-list] Swing keel fix- should be windows now

bladerunner12345 cgeisser12345 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:02:06 EDT 2011

The window frames are falling apart, brittle plastic, I really wish I could
just put new acrylic in them and be done, but am pretty sure they will
crumble to nothing the moment I try to remove them.

Carl

If the windows are in good enough shape...I would probably simply remove the
windows and use silicon caulking behind them and squeeze it down this would
create water and air tightness while not costing nearly as much and be
rubberized allowing for some flex with the boat. indoor/outdoor window
caulking should work fine and it can still be removed at a later date if you
ever replace them. probably a 1/4 inch think bead around the window should
work and allow water to run along the sides.