[Rhodes22-list] Shelter Island

BRUCE GREENWALD bgreenwald at optonline.net
Fri Apr 22 15:30:01 EDT 2011

Hi Rhodies

I havent been particularly active on the list lately but do check in
peridically.  My wife and i are in the procees of purchasing a small
house on Shelter Island which, for the uninitiated, is in the Long
Island Sound between the North and South Forks - more specifically
between Greenport and Sag Harbor.  It is our expectaion that we will
move our R22 to the Island next summer and, in anticipation, I am
curious if there are list members (or other owners) with R22s in the
area and also, whether anyone is familiar with the sailing - and
available services in the area.  We wil sadly not have our own dock and
so will need to find a mooring or slip, possibly winter storage,
recommended ramps, etc.  I know I am starting early but I expect to be
spending some time on SI this summer working on renovations to the house
and hope to take some time getting to know the area better so I will be
ready when the time comes.  BTW, Bill Effros has already signed on for
the cruise next summer to help move the boat east from Greenwich CT.

Bruce

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II