[Rhodes22-list] EPIRB?...sort of, but cheaper

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:01:35 EDT 2011

I have discovered a relatively new EPIRB-like device called a
"ResQLink-Personal Locator Beacon". It costs about $270 which is a heck of a
lot less than the EPIRB. This thing is GPS integrated, incorporates a
strobe, and transmits at 406.037MHz and 121.5MHz. Because some of you sail
off-shore it may be something you may want to consider.

My being half Irish I always assume the worst; hence my purchase of this
device.

BenCittadino
s/v susan kay

PS-It doesn't float, so buy the flotation bag.