[Rhodes22-list] Mooring or slip info

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:56:16 EDT 2011

Thanks Ben.  SS

-----Original Message-----
From: BenCittadino
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 9:08 PM
To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Mooring or slip info

Stephen;

I keep my Rhodes 22 at the Sandy Hook Bay Marina in Highlands, NJ. It is
just below the Twin Lights lighthouse museum, along the northern Monmouth
County shoreline.  It's just about in the crook of the arm of Sandy Hook
National Seashore. The day sailing is very pleasant in the protected bay
with the Verranzano Narrows Bridge visible due north. The docks are
"floating" (a big plus) and the population is made up of mostly down to
earth fishermen with power boats, who are very friendly (by NJ standards)
and not at all stuffy like so many "yacht club" types (see Keyport Yacht
Club) about 5 miles west of my marina. There is also a great municipal
marina in Atlantic Highlands (about 1 mile west) but there is a waiting list
there. SHBM is not expensive and the machine shop is expert and keeps my 9.9
Yamaha in great shape.

By the way, I always keep the motor up while in the slip. In the salt water
it would get really "groedy" if left in the water.

Don't hesitate to call or email if you need more information. My office # is
609.896.2222.