[Rhodes22-list] Mooring or slip info

bobmellor rhm at bobmellor.com
Sat Aug 13 16:07:38 EDT 2011

Ben.. just wondering if the slips there are all seasonal or if any are short
term..  I have a slip at a PA lake, but would like to get it out in open
water sometime.   I am familiar with the area, and have driven by the marina
several times. (I grew up in Jersey).

Do many sailors keep it close to shore past Gunnison Beach?  ;>)

Bob M
Bethlehem PA

Stephen;

I keep my Rhodes 22 at the Sandy Hook Bay Marina in Highlands, NJ. It is
just below the Twin Lights lighthouse museum, along the northern Monmouth
County shoreline.  It's just about in the crook of the arm of Sandy Hook
National Seashore. The day sailing is very pleasant in the protected bay
with the Verranzano Narrows Bridge visible due north. The docks are
"floating" (a big plus) and the population is made up of mostly down to
earth fishermen with power boats, who are very friendly (by NJ standards)
and not at all stuffy like so many "yacht club" types (see Keyport Yacht
Club) about 5 miles west of my marina. There is also a great municipal
marina in Atlantic Highlands (about 1 mile west) but there is a waiting list
there. SHBM is not expensive and the machine shop is expert and keeps my 9.9
Yamaha in great shape.