[Rhodes22-list] Hp for motor

fcrawford0707 at aol.com fcrawford0707 at aol.com
Tue Aug 9 21:33:13 EDT 2011

I have a Yamaha 4 stroke / 8hp - it's more than enough thrust to counter our tidal currents (Avalon, NJ ).    I don't think I've ever run it at full throttle.   I agree with Bill that weight is a major consideration.   I would strongly consider a 6 hp if I had to replace it.
    Frone Crawford
    s/v Sunday Morning