[Rhodes22-list] Happy 4th Updated

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 10:25:18 EDT 2011

Sooner rather than later, Chris!

elle

Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06
"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}

________________________________
From: Chris Geankoplis <napoli68 at charter.net>
To: 'The Rhodes 22 Email List' <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Happy 4th Updated

Hey Lee,
    I'm back from the far south and then the far north.  Both were
fantastic.  Wonderful colors in the Bahamas but all 2 dimensional. There was
12 feet of depth in the water, 12 feet of height on the land.  In Desolation
sound, not a lot of different colors but very 3-D.  Here there were 6,000
feet mountains plunging into fjords that were 1,000 feet deep (a real bitch
to anchor in!).  Waterfalls and Ice fields were almost always in view.
Ugly? You want ungly?  I can do ugly in four countries this summer, and make
you and your dog look good too!  I had a great time sailing and drinking and
talking about sailing those two days in the Chesapeake.  I'll get together a
narration and picture report for Da List in a couple of weeks.  The boat was
up in Desolation sound for 4 weeks so there are lots of cool pictures.  Only
came close to losing the boat a couple of time in a tidal rapid, funny story
to follow.
Chris