[Rhodes22-list] Hp for motor

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Wed Aug 10 11:56:46 EDT 2011

I have an 8hp Yamaha electric lift electric start.  I have the yard remove it, service, store and put back on each season and my boat is in the slip during the season so weight is not an issue for me.  8hp is plenty of power, it is relatively quiet and easily cruises along at 4-5kts and 6 at full throttle.  I like the extra power and speed since I often go out for a 20 mile plus overnight destination and want to be able to motor to or from in less than five hours.

Christopher P. Cowie