[Rhodes22-list] Hp for motor

Sailor Joe joscook at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 14 12:53:19 EDT 2011

Leland, I've always heard the danger in running an outboard out of the water
is the damage it does to the water pump when running dry.  Supposedly just a
few seconds can damage the rubber impeller, shortening its life and/or
causing it to fail possibly at an inopportune moment.  Maybe we should send
this question to Myth Busters?