[Rhodes22-list] Hp for motor

bobmellor rhm at bobmellor.com
Sat Aug 13 15:47:45 EDT 2011

David..

I have a 4 stroke Honda 9.9 long shaft.  More than enough power for sure,
but over 100 lbs.
I have also found that even at the slowest idle it is still to fast to get
all the way into my slip... In gear it is too fast, out of gear coasts good
for a very short time, but then the the current and winds do their
things.... so i need to kick it in and out of gear as I approach.. which is
a pain.  Modified it to remote this year, shift and throttle are now on
tiller.. vast improvement, but if I had to do over, I would get a smaller
lighter motor.