[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Painter Puzzled

KenBates btskend at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:38:53 EDT 2011

Joe, Jack up the trailer with the boat on it. I used a Sears floor jack and
stands.  Then prop up the boat with boat stands (West Marine is where I
bought mine from). Then lower the trailer.  Cover the bunks with plastic
painters drop cloth.  Then when dry jack the   trailor  up again and remove
the stands.  Lower the trailor and the boat.  I did it in the spring juist
before launch.  Michigan was so cold this year that the paint did not dry
properly.  As a first time bottem painter I didn't know what the paint
should look like when it is dry. The bottem coat of paint wasn't completely
"flat" and therefore stuck to the bunks.  Should have left the plastic on
the bunks.  It's a quarter mile to my launch.  See "glued to trailor", in
the archive.  I don't know how to generate a link to that thread.  Ken