[Rhodes22-list] Aside from the hurricaine...

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:45:20 EDT 2011

Ron;

I have the Garmin 160C Fishfinder/depthfinder. The transducer is mounted in
the water on the transom.
It cost less than $200. I had Stan install the transducer and the wiring
back to the readout bracket on the cabin when I bought the boat. He set it
up so I can conveniently mount it in the bracket in 10 seconds before each
sail, and remove it for safekeeping. It is easy to read from the conning
position at the rear of the boat. It is absolutely painless to use, quite
accurate and I have never even read the directions. No tellin' what I might
learn if I read them.

My recommendation is ....buy it. It's fun. Stan says the only depthfinder he
needs is the centerboard (or diamondboard, or the whatchamacallit).