[Rhodes22-list] irene

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Aug 26 11:42:47 EDT 2011

 From Kent Emergency Mgt this morning (8/26)

Good Morning,
Our latest briefing with NWS-Mt. Holly has given us the following information:
- Our area of the bay is currently in a Tropical Storm Warning
- Our area is in a Flood Watch
- Areas on the Coast and lower bay are in a Hurricane Warning
- Winds expected to start late Saturday Night
- Maximum winds expected: 35-45mph with gusts of 65mph (please secure
loose items around your home/yard/business)
- Storm Surge is expected to be 2' to 4' with the worst occurring
after Irene passes
- Rainfall amounts predicted to be 6" to 12"
If you live in a low lying or flood prone area we are recommending
that you activate your family Emergency Preparedness Plan and travel
to those friends/family that live in higher elevated or non storm
affected areas.

We had the boat hauled this am but will probably leave her in the
boatyard with the mast up, the outer portion of the main wrapped
around the mast and the slot taped. We removed the jib.

It's interesting to me that the expect the worst of the surge after
the storm passes because almost all of our winds from the storm are
predicted to come from the NE to NW which usually blows the water out
of the bay.

We shall see. It's a very Floyd like path and a very large storm like
Floyd so we'll see what we get for rain and power outages.

Best to all
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall