[Rhodes22-list] Hurricane Rhodes

David Craft chsyhkr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:53:40 EDT 2011

My plan was to pick up my recycled Rhodes on the Pamilic River in NC and
drive it to Southport, NC.

Another part of the plan was to trade out trailers with General Boats, 90
miles north.  I got to meet Stan and Rose at ground zero........

Yesterday I drove to Aurora on the Pamlico and picked up the old trailer and
drove to Edenton.  I traded out trailers for a nice new Triad Trailer this
am and drove back to Aurora.  We motor sailed the  Rhodes from Hickory Point
over to Aurora and had it loaded just before the rain started.  The winds
were much lighter than expected.

A 4 hour normal drive turned into 5.5 hours with rain, wrecks, lower speeds
in general back to Greensboro, NC.

We do some work on the boat here until we drive it down to Southport in late
September.

We are members of the Rhodes family with a 89 recycled in 08 Rhodes.  Our
friends said we had to name her, Irene.

We passed and she is named, "We'll Sea".

An auspicious beginning.......

--
Regards,

David B. Craft