[Rhodes22-list] MA sitrep

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 11:42:04 EDT 2011

I'm located about 45 miles northwest of Steven's boat in Quincy.  Bands of heavy rain in MA.  Gusty winds in 40 MPH range.  Power out since 8 AM until tomorrow.  Collecting rain in buckets to flush w.c.  (no power for well).
Hauled boat Friday, so it's safe in my yard.

Been meaning to get a generator…

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer

Stephen Staum <snstaum at gmail.com> wrote:

>What is all the glagging about? I can't find it in Webster's.
>
>Slim - I am glad it is nice there. I am still sweating about the Carol
>Lee on it's mooring in Quincy Bay. The mooring & chain are new this
>year. I also have 2 new pennants instead of my usual single. A couple
>of bungees on the jib, extra bungees on the tiller & everything  else
>tied down tight completes my storm prep. I still worry about damage
>from other boats that break loose.
>
>I don't think the storm is as bad as forecast in Eastern MA. I am in
>PA dropping my daughter off @ Lafayette College so I am not sure about
>conditions @ home. Probably head home tomorrow.
>
>Good luck to all in Irene's path.
>
>Stephen Staum
>87 R22 - Carol Lee
>Needham, MA
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>On Aug 28, 2011, at 8:51 AM, Slim Chance <slimsails at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, it's an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in Lake Woebegone,
>> Minnesota.  Sunny w/moderate temps and no rain.  Norwegian bachelor
>> farmers
>> are enjoying their toasted cheese sandwiches and coffee at the
>> chatterbox
>> cafe.  All our above-average children are riding bikes around the
>> neighborhood and parents are getting ready to close up the cabins
>> for the
>> winter.  The state fair is in full swing and the Vikings are
>> preparing for
>> another losing season and life is good.
>>
>> Sorry all y'all Easterners are sweatin' it out.  My thoughts are
>> with you.
>> Hang in there and stay safe!
>>
>> Slim
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 4:47 PM, elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm..sorry...Try this...put in zip code 22435 manually under
>>> options...that'll put you here. I'm on VA's Northern Neck..this
>>> county
>>> (Northumberland), Lancaster and one other are the only ones on the
>>> neck that
>>> hae hurricane warnings.
>>>
>>> We are still over an hour from low tide & a neighbor's dock across
>>> the
>>> creek is under & mine has about a foot to go...will most likely be
>>> under by
>>> AM...water is being majorly pushed up the creek....
>>>
>>> Power went out about an hour ago...luckily I have an automatic
>>> generator....whew..!
>>>
>>> elle
>>>
>>> Beer is good....people are crazy
>>>

>>> 1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06