[Rhodes22-list] Compass & Jack Stands

Rob Granger rgranger at sbc.edu
Thu Dec 1 16:27:02 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Joe Camp <jjcampjr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Rob
>

> One bad bump, in any direction, could put the boat off the two-bys.  How
> stable is this?
>
> Joe
>

> Joe

Are you getting my pic mixed up with Johns?  My boat was hanging from tow
straps not propped up on 2 X 4's.  And that pic of my boat was an
intermediate pic as I was pulling the trailer out.  Here are some more.  As
you can see, the stern is supported on a picnic table. The bow is on a
block and is being supported by the tow straps.  The keel is also
supported.  The beam is sitting in a maple tree and the other end is on a 4
X 4 that is anchored by 2 X 4 staked to the ground with 1 x 1s.

I think it is safe.  (at least safer than a boat stand).