[Rhodes22-list] Ice Box

Sling daysails at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 22:22:27 EST 2011

According to conversations with the one who should know, the standard ice box
on the Rhodes is the  Coleman model that stands on end and opens as a
refrigerator door.  The model is no longer available and no comparable model
is on the market.  I understand General Boats bought a large supply of these
models before they were discontinued.  I assume new boats still get the
“new” Coleman.  The list does provide information on successful substitutes
such as soft sided ones.  Should you ever replace your Coleman with some
other optional unit there should be a good market on the list for your old
one.

Well my elderly icebox has gotten a fatal warp in the door and the ice bin
won't hold water and random internal liner cracks.  So the question is, Who
makes the iceboxes that Stan currently uses (don't want to bug him he is
busy right now I am sure) .