[Rhodes22-list] Loose centerboard

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Sun Feb 20 08:58:12 EST 2011

Rummy
By "metal on metal" I meant were the pin goes though the CB I want to epoxy
a metal sleeve (ss tubing) into the  CB so the pin isn't in contact with the
fiberglass of the CB. I guess I could just use PVC pipe instead of SS
tubing, I thought the SS would be more durable, but I am looking for any and
all suggestions.

After some thought last night I think the larger SS tubing I took out was
fiberglassed in to the CB originally. The boat is a 1979 and who knows how
long it took for the tubing to destroy the CB around it. If you look at the
pictures, the hole in the CB for the pin is enlarged.

Another factor was there wasn't any hose in the CB cavity (I will be adding
it). I am on a mooring all Summer, and get a TON of side to side rocking
from the power boats off the Upper Bay. I need to make the CB as stable as
possible and keep the side to side to a minimum. I will use the CB a lot
more sparingly this summer after reading about it here.

Has anyone come up with a way to add hose to the stern of the CB Cavity to
really snug up the CB when it is not deployed?

-----
Greg PA
s/v SERENITY
79 Rhodes 22