[Rhodes22-list] Doggie update

Geoff Farrell geoffreylfarrell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:23:42 EST 2011

Lee, We had a flat-coat that looked much like your dog. Same ears, same
longer hair, and also very intelligent- probably the smartest dog we've ever
had. When we got her from the shelter they told us it was a black lab
mix (seems to be the default breed for most black dogs in shelters). As the
dog grew we had three different and very "dog smart" friends who said she
was a flat-coat. At cocktail time, as soon as I poured my martini, she would
go get her empty peanut butter jar, we'd smear peanut butter around the
inside of the jar, and she would enjoy licking it out while we had our
drinks. This was a ritual. If sometime we forgot to fill the jar, watch out.
She'd take the jar onto the hard kitchen floor and drop it from as high as
she could get it. This would continue until one of us got up and prepared
her "cocktail". Dogs are so cool.

Geoff