[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 13:24:26 EST 2011

Since I don't visit the forum too often, I will follow a protocol of faux
formality.

First: Let me wish everyone a great new year.

Second: Let me address the reason for my visit:  I'd like to find out what sort
of device is used on the lower pin of the rudder assembly to hold it in the
bracket?  When I took the rudder off to winterize, I realized that there was
nothing there to hold it all in place.  I can't remember what sort of pin or
clip Elton had me install when he delivered the boat.  I was going to visit the
hardware store and take a stab at what seems logical, but a well placed inquiry
with you "informed" boaters seems like a better first step.

Third: Despite having retired from police work, shifted to teaching college
English and moved from PA to NC in July, we have decided to return to the land
of our roots.  I will be taking the boat from Kerr Lake in NC to a marina (yet
to be determined) on the northern Chesapeake.  NC is very nice, but it's just
not us.  We found ourselves missing the context of established history,
friendships and family more than we anticipated.  No offense to the good folks
here.  They have been great.  So, if there are any Rhodies near Elkton or
Chesapeake City MD, keep an eye out for me.  And...thanks for your advice on the
rudder matter.  ttfn.

Joe