[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Pin

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 16:55:21 EST 2011

Rob,

I love the idea of the releasing cleat. I had no idea it was an option. I
have the clutch and find that I always have to play with it so it's loose
enough to let the rudder kick up if I hit something, but not so loose that
the rudder sneaks up on me without noticing until I can't effectively steer.

I had a close call motoring under an open bridge against a strong current
when I felt like the steering became very difficult and I noticed  (in a
mild panic) that the gxx-dxxx fxxxxxx rudder was sticking out straight
behind the boat, having managed to work its' way slowly up because the
clutch wasn't tight enough.

Thanks for the pointer.

BenC