[Rhodes22-list] Loose centerboard

BillyDoc cushman at cox.net
Fri Jan 14 10:43:46 EST 2011

Greg PA wrote:

> What size is your pin?

Hi Greg,

Our pin was probably like yours, a piece of thin-wall stainless.  I think
the diameter was one inch, I don't remember the length.

I know what you mean by the jamming.  I managed to slip some nylon strapping
around the CB and used that to pull it up and control it so it came out of
the trunk more or less a straight.  Those things are heavy!  You do want the
CB to slip laterally on the shaft during normal operation so it can center
itself in the trunk without putting much pressure through the pin which
would force it into the fiberglass slot-sides.  I really hope you don't have
to cut the tubing, as that would not be easy to do without damaging
something.

We live in Pensacola, Florida.  I will definitely be taking the CB out to
replace the trunk gasket when things warm up a bit so if you are close let
me know and we can coordinate a time when the trunk is open.

Bill