[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Questions

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jul 5 15:15:02 EDT 2011

Ron,

Welcome aboard!

I'm also a daysailor like Charles and agree with him except for a few minor
comments.

That cockpit is amazing in size, comfort, and functionality; and if you sail
with the poptop up it extends the cockpit into the covered cabin.  It all
really adds to your sailing enjoyment.

My 1986 boat was recycled in 2005 so my IMF isn't very old, but I've never
had an issue with it.

Most people would agree with Charles that the Rhodes22 isn't a racer, but it
does carry a PHRF of 258, which is respectable.  3,000 pounds with 300
square foot of sail and a small low-drag keel make it faster than similar
sized cruisers.  It's easy to sail but to get max speed it does take some
skill.  On a close reach you'll need to reduce a lot of that sail if you
have much wind.

If you go to SailboatOwners.com you'll see that our boats ranked #1. Before
going out and buying a Rhodes you'll want to look at the non-scientific
approach to the survey. It mostly expresses owner satisfaction.

I'll gladly fill your ears with my "unbiased" opinions if you'd like to
talk.  For the type of boat it far surpasses any of its competitors.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD
202.476.5369