[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Questions

Mike Cheung hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:50:40 EDT 2011

Ron,

We're based on Lake Erie in Cleveland and the Rhodes is a fine boat for most
Lake Erie sailing conditions.  As a 22' there are Erie conditions that we're
not up to tackling (basically waves over 4' because of how choppy those are
on Erie), but other than getting a bigger boat there's not much one can do
about that.

The IMF is a dream.  It makes the boat easy to get underway under sail power
and easy to reef and easy to stow the mainsail when you're done.  The only
downside is that you can't change mainsails easily from the standard main
to, say, a drifter for light air conditions.

What part of Ohio do you call home?  There are (at least) two Rhodes based
in Cleveland, ours - Muireann, and Blue Heron.  Between us we should be able
to manage a demonstration sail sometime.

Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann

Ron Jewett wrote:

> I plan on sailing Lake Erie since I live in Ohio and when given the
> opportunity the other Great Lakes as the opportunity presents itself.
>
> I appreciate all of your answers.
>
> How well does the IMF work and what do you need to do to keep it working
> properly?
>
> Ron
>
> --
> Ron Jewett