[Rhodes22-list] Baltimore

Slim Chance slimsails at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:57:35 EDT 2011

Charles, it's been years since I attended Peabody in Baltimore but I always
liked knocking around the inner harbor.  You can visit the USS Constellation
museum ship or the USS Torsk, a WWII sub, the science museum, the aquarium
and lots more.  Google the inner harbor Baltimore to see more.  Every
weekend in the summer they have ethnic festivals going on in that area as
well.  I saw the Orioles  play at the old Memorial stadium (saw Hank Aaron
hit a homer) but the newer Camden yard is on my bucket list as well.

When I was there in the 80s, there was a beautiful schooner docked there
named The Pride of Baltimore.  I applied for a crew position but didn't get
it.  Years later I was playing in a band on a cruise ship in the Caribbean
and stopped in St. Thomas and saw a beautiful schooner docked there.  I went
to get a closer look and saw it's name was Pride of Baltimore II.  There was
a fellow on board that told me the original Pride got caught in a storm and
went down and everybody died!  Glad they turned me down!

Slim