[Rhodes22-list] Baltimore

Lynn Hoffman drfood55 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 20:53:24 EDT 2011

baltimore?

the best crabcakes in the world are in the lexington market at a place
called faidley's. the best.also walk around fell's point. find a bar. have a
beer.  camden yards is great if the weather isn't awful.

lynn

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Slim Chance <slimsails at gmail.com> wrote:

> Charles, it's been years since I attended Peabody in Baltimore but I always
> liked knocking around the inner harbor.  You can visit the USS
> Constellation
> museum ship or the USS Torsk, a WWII sub, the science museum, the aquarium
> and lots more.  Google the inner harbor Baltimore to see more.  Every
> weekend in the summer they have ethnic festivals going on in that area as
> well.  I saw the Orioles  play at the old Memorial stadium (saw Hank Aaron
> hit a homer) but the newer Camden yard is on my bucket list as well.
>
> When I was there in the 80s, there was a beautiful schooner docked there
> named The Pride of Baltimore.  I applied for a crew position but didn't get
> it.  Years later I was playing in a band on a cruise ship in the Caribbean
> and stopped in St. Thomas and saw a beautiful schooner docked there.  I
> went
> to get a closer look and saw it's name was Pride of Baltimore II.  There
> was
> a fellow on board that told me the original Pride got caught in a storm and
> went down and everybody died!  Glad they turned me down!
>
> Slim
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Charles Nieman
> <blue66corvette at hotmail.com>wrote:
>

> > The Admiral has decided we need to escape the Texas heat for a longish
> > weekend.... further it has been conveyed to me that Baltimore will be our
> > destination of choice....and the target weekend is August 12 thru 15.
> > probably arrive the 12 and leave the 15, leaving full days of play on the
> 13
> > and 14.
> >
> > The inquiry here is to solicit information from those you familiar with
> the
> > area as to choice areas of town to stay and play ..... and to inquire if
> > there is somewhere one might rent a sailboat for an afternoon's sail
> > or maybe bum a ride from another Rhodie out for a sail?????
> >
> > Any and all suggestions will be received in the spirit in which they are
> > sent
> >
> > Fair Winds
> > Charles Nieman
> > s/c Blue Feather
> > ~~~~/)~~~~

Here's what's up for me these days;

http://www.radiationdays.
<http://www.radiationdays.blogspot.com>com<http://www.radiationdays.blogspot.com>

or point your phone at this:

[image: QR code]

http://goo.gl/pYqg9.qr

Lynn Hoffman is the author of The Short Course in Beer and The New Short
Course in Wine. You can read a sample or order your e-copy at:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/16714

•Had enough of gun violence? Read the story of a woman who does something
about it .
*Paula Sherman and the National Rifle Association  *

get your e-copy for $4.99 at
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/23266