[Rhodes22-list] Hull Indention

Bill Pauer billpauer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 12:11:50 EDT 2011

The hull of our 1980 Rhodes is being indented while on the trailer.  I
don't know the history of the boat or the trailer, but am guessing the
trailer is the original, and looks like someone has recently reworked
it.   The hull is being pushed in near the front support.  While
difficult to measure the indention it seems to vary from 3/16" to
nearly a 1/2".  Yesterday I spent an hour moving the boat forwards and
backwards on the trailer to find a spot that reduced the denting.
While moving the boat back on the trailer eventually did reduce the
denting, the boat was too far back and caused too much swaying while
on the road.
The support boards look to be pressure treated 2x4s.  Is the the
typical size?  I was thinking of redoing them with wider material
(2x10 ?) to spread the load.  Any thoughts?
Thanks---
Bill