[Rhodes22-list] Swim ladders

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Jun 1 10:16:52 EDT 2011

Yes, that's what I have found works better than coming over the stern.  It's much easier to clamber over the side without the rail and rigging in the way.  Newer models have a walk-thru stern rail, but you still had to get around the backstays, traveler, stern seats, and whatever else might be back there.  I hook a ladder over the side right next to the cabin.  You also have the handrail right there, so it's much easier to get a grip on something to get yourself up and over the side when climbing aboard.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA