[Rhodes22-list] Back On The List

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 18:51:09 EDT 2011

Luis,
Welcome back to the list.

Rummy

In a message dated 6/9/2011 7:49:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
trpclman at yahoo.com writes:

Hello  everyone,

I'm back on the list after a couple of years of absence.

I had some personal and health problems and had my boat on the trailer  all
this
time, but it is time to get back on the water.

I have to  paint the bottom and repair the centerboard trunk's cap. It has
crack and a little bit of water gets in. I removed all 52 bolts only to
find out
that it had been sealed with something that looks like 3M 5200.  So, this
is
going to be a pain in the neck to remove.

Somebody told  me that this epoxy actually softens when heated above 120 F
and to
use a  heat gun to heat it and carefully lift the cap a bit at a time. I'll
try
that this coming weekend.

Also, I need to get an engine as my old  one won't run anymore and it is so
old
that I do not want to spend  any more money on it.

I'm thinking about the Tohatsu 8 hp, 20"  Shaft, Tiller, Rope/Electric
start. Any
comments on this? Luis A.  Guzmán II
S/V Coincidence
1983 Rhodes 22