[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trials

Andrew Collins sailingvesselcarmen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:38:35 EDT 2011

Hi Joe
While I only trailer in the yard, I have helped get it ready for a trip back to GB. Important things to remember:
Have a jack and wd40 and a helper to get the tongue extension back into place. It tends to sag with the boat on the trailer.
The weight on the hitch needs to be a few hundred pounds to avoid fishtailing at highway speeds. Elton knew exactly where to place the boat on the trailer. He made me float it and pull it further forward than it was. Maybe someone can chime in. Not that I'm channeling anyone, but I believe this is in the archives.
Tie everything down with foam pads or similar and put a support from the binnacle to the mast to avoid having the mast pump up and down.
Drive carefully! good luck
Andrew C
sv Carmen

Sent from mobile device.