[Rhodes22-list] Motor mount cracks

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Mar 17 14:25:31 EDT 2011

Ken

I've often wondered if my motor broke would I have enough guts to try to
sail back to my slip.

Late last summer it happened to a friend of mine with a Rainbow24.  The
boat is heavier than a Rhodes and although it might have a little less
freeboard, the bow still sits pretty high.  He straddled the bow and
rowed himself back to his slip.

I figure if a robust octogenarian can do it I'd at least give it a try.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD